Saturday, November 17, 2012

Few Line from Rabindranath’s Gitanjali

Who is this?
I Came out alone on my way to my tryst.But who is this that follows me in the silent darks?
I move aside to avoid his presence but escape him not.
he makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger; he adds his loud voice to every word that I utter.
He is my own little self, my lord, he knows no shame; but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.
                                                  By R.Tagore
Poet is a painter who paints his imagination and thoughts with words. As paintings are multi dimensional so as the poems. Shrouded under webs of words, there lay many meanings and as per reader’s nature and enlightenment  one translate it .
My translation:
I am out on my journey all alone but I always found some one lingering around. My ego,  He has a name. my name, he is just absolute and growing with me, day by day. I try to avoid him by hearing my inner voice “my soul” but not able to get rid of him as he always wins to align me with  the requirements of this transient world. he creates lot of false halos around me.Which reflects in my all actions and words. I know him in and out because I am playing in hands of this ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment